What is PlaqueX Therapy?
PlaqueX® is a natural substance, a mixture of essential phospholipids. Its exact chemical name is phosphatidylcholine (or PC for short). PC is a major component of every living cell. Its molecule is made up of glycerine and 2 poly-unsaturated fatty acids and belongs to the group of Di-Ester molecules. 70% of a human cell wall is phosphatidylcholine and 30% is phosphatidylserine. When cell membranes in blood vessels are damaged (due to aging, pathogens, free radicals, viruses, etc), the body requires more phosphatidylcholine to repair the membranes. When the body cannot synthesize enough phosphatidylcholine, scar tissue and plaques begin to form to repair the damaged cell membranes. PlaqueX® IV therapy uses the Plaquex® formula that has been in existence for over 50 years. It was originally designed to aid the dissolution of fatty embolisms after fractures or trauma surgeries. In the 1990s, European doctors started using it to treat plaque deposits.
Benefits of PlaqueX® IV Therapy
It is common for phosphatidylcholine levels to decline with age. Taking steps to ensure you have adequate levels of phosphatidylcholine can yield some astonishing effects on your health. Some phosphatidylcholine major benefits include:
- Improving gut health: PC makes up 90% of the phospholipids in humans’ protective layer of the intestinal mucosa. Replacing this essential phospholipid can actually reverse and heal intestinal inflammation in patients with inflammatory bowel conditions
- Boosting your brain health: PC is a precursor to acetylcholine, a brain neurotransmitter. It is used by the brain in areas that involve concentration, focus, and planning. In addition, since lipids make up 60% of the brain cell structure, PC is crucial for maintaining the right balance of phospholipids as we age.
- Raise your mitochondria: PC supplementation through IV infusion is highly effective for improving mitochondrial function. It allows heavy metals, organic pollutants, and other toxins to be exported more efficiently.
- Improving cardiovascular health -PC can be helpful in reducing arterial plaque, coronary artery disease, angina, and peripheral artery disease.
Improvements in cellular and mitochondrial function, and enhanced vascular health and circulation may have a cascading indirect positive benefit on:
- Liver function
- Energy levels
- Sexual function
- Immune system
What conditions can be treated by PlaqueX IV Therapy?
Generally, a vast range of conditions thought to be associated with poor cellular membrane health can be treated with PlaqueX® therapy. These may include:
- High Cholesterol and Heart Disease
- Steatosis – Fatty Liver Disease
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Lyme Disease Recovery
- Mold Toxicity
- Autoimmune Diseases, i.e. Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, etc.
- Neurodegenerative Disorders, i.e. Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s Disease, etc
- Gut Issues, i.e. Ulcerative Colitis, IBS, etc
- Skin conditions, i.e. Eczema or Acne
- Premature Aging
What are the risks and side effects of PlaqueX® therapy?
The most common side effect is a loose stool which can be easily managed by reducing the frequency of therapy and medication dosage adjustment. Some patients may experience lightheadedness which could be due to a temporary and slight drop in blood pressure after treatment. It’s not something to be alarmed about as the BP drop does not last long (10-15 mins), nor does it warrant discontinuing the therapy. However, you should let your doctor know so the dosage can be adjusted next time.
Prior to the treatment, during the anamnesis (doctor taking medical history), you should let the doctor know If you are pregnant, take any medications or supplements, or have a chronic illness.
Is Plaquex® suitable for you?
If you suffer from any condition related to cell membrane health and are interested in finding out whether Plaquex® IV Therapy might benefit you, we encourage you to schedule a consultation with any of our knowledgeable providers. Our healthcare providers will be happy to discuss your symptoms, and medical history and determine if this therapy is suitable for you. At Beso Wellness, we believe in using an integrative approach to healthcare, an approach that amalgamates modern medicine, scientifically and clinically proven holistic therapies, and lifestyle support to get the best results possible for our patients.