Welcome to Beso Wellness
Step into a world where your sexual well-being is prioritized. At Beso Wellness & Beauty, serving the localities of Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Glendale, we understand the intricacies of female sexual health. Our holistic approach addresses the core issues, offering women a renewed sense of vitality, intimacy, and confidence.
What is Female Sexual Dysfunction?
Female Sexual Dysfunction is a broad term encompassing various conditions that prevent women from experiencing satisfying sexual activity. This can manifest as pain during intercourse, lack of arousal, difficulty achieving orgasm, or a combination of these. The causes behind these challenges can be multifaceted, ranging from hormonal imbalances, psychological factors, medications, or underlying medical conditions.
At the heart of this dysfunction is the intricate interplay of physical and emotional factors. A woman’s sexual response is a complex blend of hormonal reactions, neural signals, and vascular responses. Any disruptions in this harmony, be it a drop in estrogen levels post-menopause or stress, can hinder the ability to enjoy sexual activities.
In recent years, the medical community has taken leaps in understanding and treating these conditions. This is not just about restoring physical functionality, but about reviving the joy, intimacy, and emotional connection that come with a fulfilling sexual life.
How It Is Diagnosed
A comprehensive evaluation is the cornerstone for diagnosing Female Sexual Dysfunction. The process begins with a detailed discussion about sexual history, frequency of sexual activities, any pain or discomfort, emotional factors, and any related symptoms. This conversation offers a clear picture of the challenges faced.
Further, laboratory tests might be conducted to check hormone levels. In certain cases, a pelvic exam can reveal physical causes, such as thinning of vaginal walls or scarring. Throughout this diagnostic journey at Beso Wellness, we ensure confidentiality and comfort, understanding the deeply personal nature of the condition.
Depending on the diagnosis, a multitude of treatments are available:
- TRT Therapy in Women: Testosterone, often recognized as a male hormone, is also produced by women and plays a crucial role in maintaining muscle strength, bone density, and, most importantly, sexual desire. A decline in testosterone can lead to reduced libido, fatigue, and mood disturbances. TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy) aims to restore these levels, potentially revitalizing sexual
- Estrogen Replacement Therapy: Menopause signals a natural decline in estrogen levels, leading to a plethora of symptoms. These include vaginal dryness, discomfort during intercourse, and reduced libido. By restoring estrogen levels, this therapy alleviates these symptoms, ensuring a more comfortable and fulfilling sexual experience.
- Oxytocin Treatment: Commonly referred to as the "bonding hormone," oxytocin plays a significant role in enhancing feelings of intimacy and bonding. It’s not just about the physical aspects of intimacy; emotional connection is equally crucial. Administering “the love hormone” may help improve emotional intimacy, potentially increasing sexual desire.
- Oshot: A state-of-the-art, non-surgical treatment, Oshot utilizes platelet-rich plasma derived from the patient’s blood. This promotes rejuvenation in the vaginal and clitoral regions. The results? Enhanced sexual pleasure, heightened sensitivity, improved lubrication, and a boost in overall sexual satisfaction.
- Vaginal Rejuvenation: Over time, or after events like childbirth, the vaginal structure can change. Vaginal rejuvenation is a procedure that tightens the vaginal canal, restores its original structure, and can enhance both sensation during intercourse and confidence in intimate situations.
- Peptide Therapy/Bremelanotide: Bremelanotide is a peptide that has shown promising results in boosting female libido. Administered via injection, it works on the central nervous system to increase sexual desire without necessarily affecting blood flow.
- Shockwave Therapy: This non-invasive procedure uses acoustic waves to enhance blood flow to the sexual organs, potentially increasing sensitivity and arousal. It can be especially beneficial for women facing vascular-related sexual dysfunction.
- Ospemifene: This oral medication is designed to treat painful intercourse and vaginal dryness, particularly in post-menopausal women. It acts like estrogen in the vaginal tissues, alleviating symptoms without the systemic effects of estrogen.
- Flibanserin and Bremelanotide: These are FDA-approved medications that treat hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD) in premenopausal women. They work on certain chemicals in the brain to boost sexual desire. The Rx medications address the brain’s neurotransmitters to invigorate sexual desire, offering a neurological approach to enhance libido.
- Neutraceuticals: These are natural, often plant-based, supplements designed to enhance sexual health. They might include herbs like fenugreek, maca, or ginseng, known for their libido-boosting properties. These natural supplements, or Neutraceuticals, provide a holistic approach to enhancing sexual health, working in tandem with the body’s natural rhythms.
- Mindfulness/Sex Therapy: Psychological factors, be it stress, past trauma, or relational issues, can play a significant role in sexual dysfunction. Mindfulness practices and sex therapy can help address these components, providing tools and strategies to reconnect with one’s own body and partner.
Women experiencing decreased sexual desire, arousal issues, pain during intercourse, or difficulty in achieving orgasm may benefit from treatments at Beso Wellness. Additionally, those undergoing hormonal changes, post-menopause or post-childbirth, might find these therapies beneficial. Every woman’s journey is unique, and our Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Glendale teams are equipped to craft individualized treatment plans.
What to Expect
Initiating treatment for Female Sexual Dysfunction at Beso Wellness involves a blend of medical procedures, medications, and counseling. Our dedicated team ensures a comfortable environment, keeping open communication lines, allowing you to express concerns or queries. While some treatments like Neutraceuticals might involve daily intake, others like Shockwave Therapy or Oshot are periodic procedures.
Prices vary based on the selected treatment, individual needs, and frequency of sessions. Please contact our clinics in Phoenix, Scottsdale, or Glendale for a detailed cost breakdown.
How common is Female Sexual Dysfunction?
It’s more common than many realize, affecting women of all ages.
Are treatments invasive?
Options range from non-invasive therapies to minor procedures.
How quickly can I see results?
It varies, but many experience improvements within weeks.
Is the therapy confidential?
Absolutely. Beso Wellness upholds strict confidentiality standards.
Can I combine treatments?
Often, a multi-pronged approach offers the best results. Discuss combinations with our team.
What’s the duration of each session?
It ranges from a quick medication prescription to hour-long procedures, based on the treatment.
- Nappi, R. E., Tiranini, L., Martini, E., Bosoni, D., Righi, A., & Cucinella, L. (2022). Medical treatment of female sexual dysfunction. Urologic Clinics of North America, 49(2), 299–307. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ucl.2022.02.001
- Doumas, M., Imprialos, K. P., Koutsampasopoulos, K., Katsimardou, A., Bouloukou, S., Theodoulidis, I., & Themistoklis, M. (2021). Female sexual dysfunction: A problem hidden in the Shadows. Current Pharmaceutical Design, 27(36), 3762–3774. https://doi.org/10.2174/1381612827666210719104950
- Thomas, H. N., Neal-Perry, G. S., & Hess, R. (2018). Female Sexual Function at midlife and beyond. Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinics of North America, 45(4), 709–722. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ogc.2018.07.013