Welcome to Beso
Fresh, revitalized, and youthful-looking skin can now be yours! At Beso Wellness & Beauty, we proudly serve the Phoenix, Glendale, and Scottsdale areas, introducing transformative skincare treatments like chemical peels. Shed away the layers of aging, imperfections, and skin concerns, revealing the new you. Beyond the pursuit of beauty, chemical peels are also about self-empowerment and feeling renewed. Here at Beso, our team ensures that each treatment is meticulously tailored to an individual’s needs, ensuring optimal results.
What are Chemical Peels?
Chemical peels involve the application of a specialized solution to the skin’s surface, promoting rapid exfoliation. This process results in the eventual peeling of the outer skin layers, giving way to regenerated skin that is smoother, less wrinkled, and more even in tone.
Types of Chemical Peels
- SUPERFICIAL PEEL: Also known as the lunchtime peel, this is a mild acid like alpha-hydroxy used to penetrate only the outer layer of skin. It gently exfoliates, making it perfect for treating mild skin discoloration and rough skin.
- MEDIUM PEEL: Employing glycolic or trichloroacetic acid, this peel delves into the middle skin layer. It’s adept at removing damaged skin cells, addressing age spots, fine lines, wrinkles, and even freckles.
- DEEP PEEL: Trichloroacetic acid or phenol is applied for a deep peel, targeting the deeper layers of the skin. It’s used for treating moderate lines, age spots, shallow scars, and freckles. A deep peel is a more intensive procedure, offering dramatic results.
Benefits of Chemical Peels
- Personalized Care: Our specialists design a treatment plan catering to individual skin types and concerns.
- Advanced Technology: With cutting-edge equipment, we ensure a seamless and effective peel experience.
- Post-Treatment Support: Our commitment doesn’t end with the treatment. Beso offers post-procedure skincare advice and products to maintain and enhance the results of the peel.
- Rejuvenated Appearance: Skin feels refreshed and looks luminous post-procedure.
- Reduced Fine Lines & Wrinkles: Diminishes the signs of aging, especially under the eyes and around the mouth.
- Improved Skin Texture: Evens out rough patches and dry spots.
- Acne Reduction: Helps to clear breakouts and reduce post-acne marks.
- Mitigated Sun Damage: Reduces the appearance of sunspots, melasma, and other sun-induced pigmentation.
- Enhanced Skin Hydration: Some peels can boost the skin’s ability to retain moisture.
Chemical Peels Varieties
- Beso Refresh Peel: A light peel, perfect for beginners or those seeking a quick refresh with minimum downtime.
- Rejuvenate Deep Peel: Targeting deep-set wrinkles and severe sun damage, this peel promises transformative results.
- Beso Signature Blend: Our specially curated mix, perfect for all skin types, offers a balanced approach to skin rejuvenation.
Each peel type is crafted with precision and care, ensuring a comprehensive solution for various skin concerns.
Alternatives to Chemical Peels in Phoenix
- Enzyme Peel: Uses natural enzymes, often from fruits, to exfoliate the skin without chemicals.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA): Derived from fruits and milk, they gently exfoliate the skin’s surface.
- Beta-Hydroxy Acid (BHA): Salicylic acid is a common BHA that helps to clear acne and refine skin texture.
- Physical Exfoliants: These can be brushes, scrubs, or other tools that physically remove dead skin cells.
Candidates in Phoenix and Scottsdale
Those battling with skin concerns like fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, and uneven skin tone might find chemical peels beneficial. However, a thorough consultation is crucial to ascertain the right type of peel for your skin type and concern.
Consultations with Beso
When you step into Beso Wellness & Beauty, it’s all about you. During your consultation, we’ll evaluate your skin, discuss your skincare goals, and provide guidance on which type of chemical peel, or perhaps an alternative, would suit you best.
Preparing for Chemical Peels
- Consultation: Our in-depth consultation helps understand your skin needs and history, ensuring the right peel choice.
- Skin Prepping: Using a prescribed skincare regimen at least two weeks before the peel enhances results and reduces potential side effects.
- Diet and Hydration: Drinking ample water and maintaining a balanced diet aids in quicker recovery post-peel.
The Procedure in Scottsdale
The skin is first cleaned, and then the chosen chemical solution is applied. It’s left on for a predetermined period, allowing the acids to work. You might feel a tingling or stinging sensation. Post that, the solution is removed, and the skin is neutralized.
Post Treatment Care
Post-peel care is crucial. Expect some redness, similar to a sunburn. It’s essential to keep the skin hydrated and protected from the sun. Peeling might start a couple of days post-procedure and can last for several days, revealing the fresh skin underneath.
Beso’s Aftercare Essentials
- Hydration Boost: Our exclusive Beso moisturizer nourishes the skin post-peel, ensuring softness and elasticity.
- Beso Sun Guard: To protect the newly exfoliated skin, our specially formulated sunscreen offers broad-spectrum protection without clogging pores.
- Follow-Up Session: We recommend a check-in session two weeks post-treatment to assess results and guide any further care.
Our dedicated team is always on standby, ensuring your post-peel journey is smooth and rewarding.
Related/Associated Services in AZ
- Facials: For deep cleansing and hydration.
- Acne Treatment: Targeted treatments to address acne and its scars.
- Laser Skin Tightening: Non-invasive treatments to boost collagen production and firm up the skin.
- Microdermabrasion: A mechanical exfoliation technique for refined, brighter skin.
How often can I get a chemical peel?
Depending on the type and intensity, peels can be done every 2-6 weeks.
Is it painful?
You might feel a tingling or burning sensation, but it’s usually tolerable.
How long does the procedure take?
Typically, it ranges from 30 minutes to an hour.
Can I wear makeup after the peel?
It’s best to avoid makeup until the skin fully heals, usually after 2-3 days.
Are there side effects?
Some might experience redness, irritation, or flaking. Rarely, there might be discoloration or scarring. Proper aftercare is essential to avoid complications.
- O’Connor, A. A., Lowe, P. M., Shumack, S., & Lim, A. C. (2018, August). Chemical Peels: A review of current practice . Australasian Journal of Dermatology. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/ajd.12715
- Fischer, T. C., Perosino, E., Poli, F., Viera, M. S., Dreno, B. (2009) Chemical Peels in aesthetic dermatology. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdfdirect/10.1111/j.1468-3083.2009.03409.x
- Rendon MI, Berson DS, Cohen JL, et al. Evidence and considerations in the application of chemical peels in skin disorders and aesthetic resurfacing. Europe PMC. (2010, July 1). https://europepmc.org/article/MED/20725555