Welcome To Beso
Step into Beso Wellness and Beauty, your premier health and wellness center located in Phoenix, Glendale, and Scottsdale. We specialize in a range of aesthetic and wellness treatments designed to help you feel and look your best. Our commitment to comprehensive, personalized care shines brightly in our Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) services for men. As men age, testosterone levels can decline, leading to a host of physical and psychological symptoms. With TRT, we can help restore these levels, bringing back vitality, energy, and an improved quality of life. At Beso Wellness and Beauty, we are dedicated to guiding you on your path to optimal health and well-being. At Beso Wellness and Beauty, we are proud of our team of highly qualified and experienced healthcare professionals who specialize in hormonal health. Each member of our team is committed to providing the highest level of care and ensuring your journey to improved health is a rewarding experience.
What is Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT)?
Testosterone Replacement Therapy, or TRT, is a medical treatment used to address low testosterone levels in men, a condition commonly known as hypogonadism. Testosterone is a critical hormone in men, responsible for sexual function, muscle mass, bone density, mood, and energy levels. As men age, testosterone production often declines, which can lead to symptoms such as decreased sex drive, fatigue, depression, and physical changes like reduced muscle mass and body hair. TRT works by supplementing the body’s natural testosterone production, helping to restore these levels and alleviate symptoms. TRT is not a one-size-fits-all treatment. Our experts consider various factors such as your age, overall health, lifestyle, and the severity of symptoms when devising a treatment plan. Additionally, we ensure regular monitoring of testosterone levels to adjust the dosage if necessary. Our approach is not just about improving symptoms but promoting a healthier, more balanced life.
Benefits of TRT in Scottsdale
The benefits of TRT are wide-ranging and can significantly improve a man’s quality of life. By restoring testosterone levels, TRT can enhance sexual desire and performance, increase energy and motivation, improve mood, and even contribute to a more youthful, vigorous appearance. Physically, TRT can lead to increased muscle mass, reduced body fat, enhanced bone density, and improved body hair growth. Additionally, TRT may also have beneficial effects on heart health by helping to maintain healthy cholesterol levels. Beyond the physical benefits, TRT can also contribute to improved mental health. An optimal level of testosterone is associated with better mood, increased concentration, and reduced risk of depression. It can also contribute to enhanced self-esteem and confidence, improving your overall well-being and life quality.
Candidates in AZ
Men who are experiencing symptoms of low testosterone, or have confirmed low testosterone levels through blood tests, are typically good candidates for TRT. Symptoms of low testosterone can include fatigue, decreased sex drive, difficulty with concentration, depression, and physical changes like reduced muscle mass, increased body fat, and loss of body hair. It’s also important that candidates for TRT have no contraindications, such as prostate cancer or severe sleep apnea. During your consultation at Beso Wellness and Beauty, our specialists will review your medical history, symptoms, and perform necessary tests to determine if TRT is the right solution for you.
Consultations with Beso in Phoenix and Scottsdale
Your journey to improved health and well-being begins with a comprehensive consultation at Beso Wellness and Beauty. Our team of medical professionals is dedicated to understanding your health concerns and goals fully. We will assess your symptoms, perform necessary tests, and discuss your treatment options, ensuring you are fully informed about TRT. We believe in informed decision-making, and we strive to provide the most comprehensive and personalized care possible. If you believe you’re experiencing symptoms of low testosterone, your first step should be to consult with our professional team. A simple blood test can confirm if your testosterone levels are below normal. At Beso, we facilitate these initial steps, ensuring you can start your journey to improved hormonal health as smoothly as possible.
Preparing for TRT
Preparation for TRT involves a comprehensive medical evaluation. This typically includes a discussion about your symptoms and how they’re impacting your life, a physical examination, and blood tests to measure your testosterone levels. Prior to the start of TRT, it is essential to have regular check-ups to ensure that your body responds well to the treatment. During these check-ups, your testosterone levels will be checked, and the dosage will be adjusted if needed. Other tests may be performed as necessary to rule out potential underlying conditions that could be causing your symptoms. In preparation for your TRT, you should maintain a healthy lifestyle, including a balanced diet, regular exercise, and avoiding alcohol and tobacco. Be sure to disclose all medications and supplements you’re currently taking, as some can interact with testosterone.
What to Expect
At Beso Wellness and Beauty, our priority is your comfort and satisfaction. TRT is typically administered through injections, skin patches, gels, or implants. The method of administration will depend on your personal preference, your specific symptoms, and the recommendations of our specialists. TRT requires ongoing treatment, and most men start to feel the benefits within a few weeks, although full effects may take several months to manifest. Regular follow-up appointments will be scheduled to monitor your progress, adjust dosages if necessary, and ensure the treatment is working effectively.
The TRT Therapy in Phoenix and Scottsdale
TRT involves supplementing your body’s natural testosterone production. This can be achieved through several methods:
- Intramuscular injections: Testosterone is injected directly into the muscles every one to two weeks.
- Skin patches or gels: These are applied to the skin daily.
- Oral tablets or capsules: Taken daily.
- Implants: Small pellets are inserted under the skin.
The method of administration will be selected based on your personal preference and the specific recommendations of our specialists.
After starting TRT, it’s important to continue monitoring your symptoms and communicate any changes with our team. Regular follow-up appointments will be scheduled to track your progress, adjust your dosage if necessary, and ensure the treatment’s success. Side effects from TRT are rare but can include acne, sleep apnea, or an increased red blood cell count. Our team will provide comprehensive guidance on managing potential side effects and maximizing the benefits of your treatment. Post-treatment, we recommend routine follow-ups to ensure the testosterone levels are maintained at an optimal level and to minimize potential side effects. Additionally, a holistic approach involving a balanced diet, regular exercise, and stress management techniques can significantly enhance the benefits of TRT.
Procedures Associated with TRT in Scottsdale
Beso Wellness and Beauty offers an array of treatments that can complement TRT therapy, contributing to a comprehensive approach to men’s health and well-being. These may include:
- P-Shot (Priapus Shot): Similar to the O-shot for women, the P-shot uses PRP to enhance sexual performance and health in men. This procedure can enhance sensitivity, improve erectile function, and even increase penile size.
- Weight Loss Programs: Our customized, non-surgical weight loss programs are tailored to your unique needs and lifestyle. A healthy weight contributes to better hormone regulation and overall wellness, making this an excellent complement to TRT.
- ShockWave Therapy: This innovative treatment utilizes low-intensity shock waves to stimulate blood flow and rejuvenate penile tissue, effectively treating erectile dysfunction and enhancing sexual performance.
- Peptide Therapy for Libido: Peptides are small proteins that can stimulate the production of hormones. When used to enhance libido, they can complement the benefits of TRT, leading to improved sexual desire and performance.
Remember, at Beso Wellness and Beauty, we understand that every man’s health journey is unique. We’re committed to working with you to develop a comprehensive, personalized treatment plan that meets your specific needs and wellness goals.
Nutritional counseling, physical fitness guidance, and Complementary and Alternative medicine (CAM) counseling can enhance the benefits of TRT, providing a holistic approach to health and well-being.
The cost of TRT at Beso Wellness and Beauty depends on various factors, including the method of administration, the duration of treatment, and individual health factors. During your consultation, our specialists will provide a detailed estimate based on your personalized treatment plan. We believe in transparency and ensuring our clients understand the costs associated with their treatment.
How quickly will I see results from TRT?
Most men start to feel the benefits of TRT within a few weeks, but it can take several months for the full effects to manifest.
Are there any risks or side effects associated with TRT?
While TRT is generally safe, side effects can include acne, sleep apnea, or an increased red blood cell count. Our specialists will discuss these potential risks with you in detail during your consultation.
Can I stop TRT once I feel better?
TRT requires ongoing treatment to maintain testosterone levels. Stopping treatment may lead to a return of symptoms.
Will TRT help me build muscle and lose fat?
Yes, TRT can help increase muscle mass and reduce body fat. However, a balanced diet and regular exercise are also crucial to achieving these results.
Can I use TRT if I’m trying to conceive?
Men considering fatherhood should discuss this with our specialists, as TRT can affect sperm production.
What lifestyle changes should I make along with TRT?
While TRT can significantly improve symptoms of low testosterone, you can enhance these benefits by adopting a healthy lifestyle. This includes:
- Regular exercise: Incorporate both resistance and aerobic exercises into your routine. They can help increase testosterone levels, improve mood, and enhance overall health.
- Balanced diet: Ensure your diet includes lean proteins, fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats. Certain nutrients, such as zinc and Vitamin D, can also aid in testosterone production.
- Adequate sleep: Quality sleep is crucial for various hormonal processes, including the production of testosterone.
- Limit alcohol and avoid illicit substances: Overconsumption of alcohol and use of illicit substances can affect testosterone levels and overall health.
- Stress management: Chronic stress can impact hormonal balance. Techniques such as meditation, yoga, and mindfulness can help manage stress levels.
Will my insurance cover the cost of TRT?
The coverage for TRT can vary greatly among insurance providers and plans. Some may cover the cost of the therapy if it’s medically necessary, while others may not. It’s recommended to contact your insurance company directly to understand the specifics of your coverage.
Is TRT a lifelong treatment, or can I stop once my symptoms improve?
TRT is typically a long-term treatment. Testosterone levels can begin to lower again if treatment is stopped, leading to the return of symptoms. However, the duration of treatment can vary from person to person based on the severity of the symptoms, overall health, and how well they respond to the therapy. It’s essential to discuss this with your healthcare provider before making any decisions about the duration of your treatment.
What happens if I miss a dose or stop treatment abruptly?
Missing a dose of TRT may lead to a temporary return of symptoms. If you stop the treatment abruptly, you’re likely to experience a resurgence of the original symptoms. It’s crucial not to change your treatment regimen without consulting your healthcare provider. If you’ve missed a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it’s close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule.
Can I take other medications while I’m on TRT?
Yes, you can take other medications while on TRT, but it’s important to disclose all medications you’re taking to your healthcare provider. Some medicines may interact with testosterone, affecting the effectiveness of your treatment or leading to side effects. Your healthcare provider can give you the best advice based on your individual medical history and the specific medications you’re taking.
- Bhasin, S., Cunningham, G. R., Hayes, F. J., Matsumoto, A. M., Snyder, P. J., Swerdloff, R. S., & Montori, V. M. (2010). Testosterone therapy in men with androgen deficiency syndromes: an Endocrine Society clinical practice guideline. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 95(6), 2536-2559.
- Corona, G., Rastrelli, G., Monami, M., Guay, A., Buvat, J., Sforza, A., … & Maggi, M. (2014). Hypogonadism as a risk factor for cardiovascular mortality in men: a meta-analytic study. European Journal of Endocrinology, 171(6), R209-R218.
- Hackett, G., Cole, N., Bhartia, M., Kennedy, D., Raju, J., & Wilkinson, P. (2014). Testosterone replacement therapy improves metabolic parameters in hypogonadal men with type 2 diabetes but not in men with coexisting depression: the BLAST study. The Journal of Sexual Medicine, 11(3), 840-856.
- Khera, M., Bhattacharya, R. K., Blick, G., Kushner, H., Nguyen, D., & Miner, M. M. (2017). Improved sexual function with testosterone replacement therapy in hypogonadal men: real-world data from the Testim Registry in the United States (TRiUS). The Journal of Sexual Medicine, 14(10), 1330-1338.
- Traish AM. Adverse health effects of testosterone deficiency (TD) in men. Steroids. 2014 Oct;88:106-16. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.steroids.2014.05.010