Welcome to Beso
Welcome to Beso Wellness and Beauty, your sanctuary for hair restoration in the scenic locales of Phoenix and Scottsdale. We specialize in innovative hair loss solutions, including the ground-breaking Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) and Platelet-Rich Fibrin (PRF) therapies. Our aim extends beyond merely restoring your hair; we aspire to restore your self-esteem, improving your overall quality of life.
What are PRP/PRF Treatments?
PRP and PRF treatments herald a new era in hair loss therapies, offering an effective, safe, and natural path to hair restoration. PRP and PRF, acronyms for Platelet-Rich Plasma and Platelet-Rich Fibrin, leverage the healing and regenerative potential of your own blood. Your blood is centrifuged to concentrate the platelets, which are rich in growth factors that have the potential to stimulate hair growth. These enriched components, when re-introduced to your scalp, can rejuvenate dormant hair follicles, stimulating healthier and more robust hair growth. Another interesting fact about PRP treatment is its versatility. While the treatment is extensively used for hair restoration, it is also deployed in various other medical and cosmetic procedures including skin rejuvenation, reducing fine lines, and treating sports injuries. Such multifaceted utilization of PRP treatments is a testament to its safe and effective nature.
Science behind PRP and PRF
Difference between PRP and PRF
The PRF procedure begins with venous blood extraction from the patient’s arm, which is then placed in a specialized centrifuge and spun at a lower speed than PRP. This method ensures less distinct separation of the blood layers, retaining more white blood cells and stem cells in the platelet layer used for treatment. Consequently, PRF contains more growth factors than standard PRP preparations. The lower-speed spins also minimize cell damage, preserving more white blood cells, progenitor cells, and stem cells in the final PRF product. A notable difference between PRP and PRF is the absence of anticoagulants in PRF, resulting in a quicker conversion to fibrin during the healing process.
Benefits of PRP/PRF
PRP and PRF therapies offer numerous advantages for those grappling with hair loss:
- Natural and Safe: Derived from your own blood, PRP and PRF treatments negate the risk of allergies or rejections. It’s a therapy that aligns with your body’s natural processes.
- Proven Efficacy: PRP and PRF are loaded with growth factors that enhance the growth of hair follicles, promoting fuller and healthier hair.
- Non-Surgical and Minimally Invasive: Unlike hair transplant surgeries, PRP and PRF treatments are non-surgical and minimally invasive, reducing risks and recovery time.
- Convenient: These treatments are usually completed within an hour, easily fitting into your busy schedule.
- Versatile: PRP and PRF treatments can benefit individuals suffering from a variety of hair loss conditions, including Androgenic Alopecia, Telogen Effluvium, and Alopecia Areata.
Ideal Candidates in Scottsdale
Consultations at Beso in AZ
Your journey towards hair restoration with us begins with an extensive consultation at either of our Phoenix or Scottsdale locations. Our team delves into your medical history, evaluates your scalp and hair, and understands your expectations from the treatment. Based on this comprehensive assessment, we develop a personalized treatment plan that aligns with your needs and lifestyle.
Preparing for PRP/PRF Treatment in Phoenix
To ensure optimal results from the PRP/PRF treatment, we advise patients to be well-hydrated and have eaten prior to their appointment. We may recommend pausing certain medications and supplements temporarily. Detailed pre-procedure guidelines will be provided during your consultation, ensuring a safe and successful treatment experience.
The PRP/PRF Procedure in Scottsdale
Your PRP/PRF treatment begins with drawing a small blood sample. This sample is then spun in a centrifuge to separate and concentrate the platelet-rich plasma and fibrin. Throughout the PRF preparation, a local anesthetic is applied to the treatment area. The fibrin is then drawn into a syringe, injected into the numb areas of the scalp, and enhanced with a micro-needling treatment using the FDA-approved RejuvaPen. We offer the self-administered Pro-Nox option under medical supervision to patients with high sensitivity for further comfort.
These concentrated growth factors are then meticulously injected into your scalp’s thinning areas. The entire process typically lasts about an hour, and you can return to your usual activities immediately after.
Our Holistic Approach
Beso Wellness and Beauty offers a range of complementary services to enhance the effects of PRP/PRF treatments:
- TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy): This can address hair loss linked to low testosterone levels.
- Peptide Therapy for Hair: This innovative treatment encourages hair growth at the cellular level.
- Botox for Hair Restoration: Botox injections can improve hair fullness and overall hair health.
- Microneedling with Finasteride: This therapy inhibits the hormone causing hair thinning, thus promoting hair growth.
Besides our main services, we also provide post-treatment care products like specially formulated shampoos and conditioners that can enhance the results of PRP/PRF treatments. These products contain ingredients that promote a healthy scalp environment, which can potentially enhance the effectiveness of your treatment.
At Beso Wellness and Beauty, we strive to make PRP/PRF treatments affordable. The exact cost of your treatment can vary depending on your specific needs and the severity of your hair loss. During your consultation, we provide a price range and discuss package pricing for multiple treatments. Flexible payment options and financing plans are available to make these effective treatments more accessible. Our pricing reflects not just the treatment itself, but a comprehensive hair restoration strategy designed for lasting results. Please speak with our patient coordinator for more detailed information about pricing and payment options.
How many PRP/PRF treatments will I need?
The number of treatments varies depending on the individual’s hair loss severity and their response to the therapy. We typically recommend a series of 3-4 treatments, spaced 4-6 weeks apart, with maintenance treatments every 4-6 months.
Is the PRP/PRF procedure painful?
The scalp is numbed prior to the procedure, reducing discomfort. While you might feel slight pressure during the injections, the procedure is generally well-tolerated.
When will I see results from PRP/PRF treatments?
While some patients see improvements within a few weeks, most significant changes become noticeable 3-6 months after starting the treatment.
What are the side effects of PRP/PRF treatments?
PRP/PRF treatments are generally safe with minimal side effects. Some patients may experience mild soreness, redness, or swelling at the injection site, but these typically resolve within a day or two.
Are PRP/PRF treatments suitable for everyone?
Most individuals with thinning hair can benefit from PRP/PRF treatments. However, those with certain medical conditions or on specific medications may not be ideal candidates. A thorough consultation is essential to assess suitability for these treatments.
Before embarking on your hair restoration journey with PRP/PRF treatments, we understand you might want to research more. Here are a few reputable sources to get started:
- Abdin, R., Zhang, Y., & Jimenez, J. J. (2022). Treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia Using PRP to Target Dysregulated Mechanisms and Pathways. Frontiers in Medicine, 9. https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fmed.2022.843127/full
- Justicz, N., Chen, J. X., & Lee, L. N. (2020). Platelet-Rich Plasma for Hair Restoration. In Hair Transplant Surgery and Platelet Rich Plasma (pp. 113–121). SpringerLink. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-030-54648-9_11
- Mao, G., Zhang, G., & Fan, W. (2019). Platelet-Rich Plasma for Treating Androgenic Alopecia: A Systematic Review. Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, 43, 1326–1336. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00266-019-01391-9
- Lee, L. N., & Justicz, N. (2022). PRP in Hair Restoration. In Platelet-Rich Plasma in Facial Plastic Surgery (pp. 61–68). SpringerLink. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-030-94269-4_6